Welcome to Year 1
The adults names are:
What can you expect to do in Year 1?
Your class reading book will be:
|Dogger (Shirley Hughes)|
Your teacher will read these books for you to enjoy.
|- The Way Back Home (Oliver Jeffers)|
- A First Poetry Book (Pie Corbett)
- Little Mouse’s Big Book of Fears (Emily Cromwell)
- Dr Xargle’s Book of Earthlets (Jeanna Willis)
- Fungus the Bogeyman (Raymond Briggs)
- The Very Best of Brian Moses’ Poems for Young Children
- Mrs Wobble The Waitress (Janet and Allan Ahlberg)
- Press Here (Herve Tullet)
- The Day The Crayons Quit (Oliver Jeffers)
- Salty Dogs (Matty Long)
- Mr Wolf’s Pancakes (Jan Fearnley)
- Amazing Grace (Mary Hoffman)
- Fantastic Mr Fox (Roald Dahl)
- Don’t Look In This Book (Samuel Lawsley Swan)
We want you to read these books at home by the end of the year.
- Meg and Mog (Helen Nicoll)
The pieces of writing you will do in literacy are.
The spellings we want you to learn are:
In maths this year you will learn
Number - number and place value
Number - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Number - Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
|compare, describe and solve practical problems for:|
Geometry - properties of shapes
Times Tables and Number Facts
Click on your Topic to find out more about what you will be learning and how it builds on what you already know.
Your topic will be
|Fun of the Fair||Local Heroes||By the sea|
Click on each topic to find out what you will be learning about and where it fits in your learning journey.
You will cover the following units:
|Use of everyday materials||Plants|