Welcome to Year 2
The adults names are:
What can you expect to do in Year 2?
Your class reading book will be:
The Tunnel ( Anthony Browne)
|The Great Kapok Tree (Lynne Cherry)||George’s Marvellous Medicine (Roald Dahl)|
Your teacher will read these books for you to enjoy.
|- The Angel of Nitshill Road (Anne Fine)|
- The Accidental prime Minister (Tom Mclaughlin)
- Bill’s New Frock (Anne Fine)
- Harry The Poisonous Centipede (Lynne Reid Banks)
- Captain Underpants (Dav Pilkey)
- Charlie and the Chocolate factory (Roald Dahl)
- The Abominables ( Eva Ibbotson)
- Diary Of a Wimpy Kid (Jeff Kinney)
- More Naughty Little Sister Stories (Dorothy Edwards)
- Stuart Little (EB White)
- The Orchard Book Of First Greek Myths ( Saviour Pirotta)
- Horrid Henry (Francesca Simon)
- A Moment In Time (Thomas Hegbrook)
- The Hodgeheg (Dick King Smith)
- Hansel and Gretel (Anthony Browne)
- Journey ( Aaron Becker)
We want you to read these books at home by the end of the year.
• The Bear and The Piano David Litchfield)
- The Way Back Home (Oliver Jeffers)
The pieces of writing you will do in literacy are.
The spellings we want you to learn are:
In maths this year you will learn
Number - number and place value
|count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in 10s from any number, forward and backward|
recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (10s, 1s)
identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line
compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <, > and = signs
read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words
use place value and number facts to solve problems
Number - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Number - Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
|choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure length/height in any direction (m/cm); mass (kg/g); temperature (°C); capacity (litres/ml) to the nearest appropriate unit, using rulers, scales, thermometers and measuring vessels|
Geometry - properties of shapes
Times Tables and Number Facts
Click on your Topic to find out more about what you will be learning and how it builds on what you already know.
Castles, Kings and Queens
Your topic will be
|Castles, Kings and Queens||Equality||Travelling around the world|
Click on each topic to find out what you will be learning about and where it fits in your learning journey.
You will cover the following units:
|Use of everyday materials||Plants|